Intramural Skills Review, Week 1of 6
HOMEWORK to be performed at least 4 days during Week 1 (Links to videos for demonstration here):
If you have wall-to-wall carpet, practice on one knee in the bathroom. Get it done! TWO WORDS: WORK HARD! TWO MORE WORDS: NO EXCUSES!
- Stationary Dribble on strong hand: 25 successful dribbles per day
- Stationary Dribble on weak hand: 25 successful dribbles per day
- Stationary Cross-over dribble (v-shape): 25 successful dribbles per day
- Shooting form: Lay on back. Strong hand is in back of ball; weak hand is on side. Extend and release. Straight shots are 2 points each. Must get 20 points each day.
ITEMS REVIEWED IN GYM PRACTICE:
- Proper shooting form
- Proper dribbling form
- Stationary Dribbling: Strong hand, weak hand, cross-over, and protective dribbling
- Passing and receiving the ball
- Rip back
- Jab step
- Backdoor cut to the basket
- Defensive slides (defense on the ball)