January 21, 2013
Contact: Marlon Thomas, Event Director / 610-842-1606
Mailing Address: 1140 Claire Steet, Allentown, PA 18109
Site: East Side Youth Center
Dates: January 1, 2013 (MONDAY) – All teams are guaranteed 3 games
Early Registration Deadline: January 10, 2013 – $ 20 per player (75 four players)
Late Registration Deadline: January 19, 2013 – $25 per player (90 four players)
Game Times: Monday: 12:00pm, 12:45, 1:30, 2:15pm, 3:00, 3:45, 4:30, 5:15, 6:00
Divisions: Boys & Girls: 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th Grade – based on 2012-2013 school year
Entry Fee: $ 20 per player if received by January 10 – $ 25 if received by January 19. NO ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER JANUARY 19! Any checks returned NSF will be charged a $35.00 fee.
No entry fees refunded after the deadline date. Make checks payable to: ESYC Elite (ESYC Elite). A service fee of $10 will be added to any VISA/MasterCard payment.
All youth coaches, athletes and parents/guardians complete certain criteria regarding the recognition and treatment of head injuries during sporting events. All participating teams must complete the attached form and return it with the entry form. Tournament Rules:
1. The roster established at the time of the first game must be used throughout the entire tournament. No additions or changes are permitted.
2. A player may play for ONE team only during the tournament.
3. Girls cannot play on boys teams and boys cannot play on girls teams.
4. Scorekeepers – each team is to have ONE person to keep the individual score sheet that is provided in your coach’s packet. One scorekeeper per team will be allowed into the game free of charge. Please leave scoresheets with the gym supervisor after your game.
5. Coaches – Only ONE coach per team is allowed into the game free
6. Admission fees – The gyms are run by clubs, proceeds from admissions go back into their clubs for local youth activities. Monday: $2 Adult, $1 Student. PLEASE INFORM YOUR PARENTS!
Rules of play: 2012-2013 High School Rules will be played, with the following exceptions.
1. No shot clock.
2. 1st thru 3rd grade boys and girls divisions will use the junior size basketball (27.5”). Boys 4th thru 6th grade and girls 4th thru 8th grade divisions will use the women’s size basketball (28.5”). Boys 7th grade and up will use the men’s size basketball (30”).
3. Quarters: 1st – 4th grade: 5 minutes / 5th – 8th grades: 6 minutes
4. Overtime 2 minutes.
5. Technical or Intentional fouls – 2 points awarded and ball out of bounds. One technical foul on a coach or fan and he/she is ejected from the gym. One technical on a player, the player sits on the bench for the remainder of the game. Officials and Gym Administrators have the right to eject a fan, player or coach. Coaches and fans must leave the entire gym. Two technical fouls in the tournament on a player or a coach, they are removed completely from the tournament. NO EXCEPTIONS!
6. Forfeit time – Game time. Officials MAY run a shortened game (2 10 minute halves).